The management of CBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment by protecting employees from workplace injury and disease when reasonably possible to do so. CBA requires that all near-miss incidents (including minor incidents) are reported, recorded, and investigated. Reporting and sharing information with relevant parties creates an opportunity to answer the questions of what happened and why and then use this insight to determine how to prevent a reoccurrence. Following the steps outlined in this policy will:
- Promote an open, learning culture in regards to workplace safety.
- Employ a systematic approach for all workers to report near miss incidents.
- Encourage an opportunity to gain understanding and insight from an incident's analysis.
- Utilize that knowledge to prevent or reduce future risk of reoccurrence.
- Support management's goal of establishing a reporting culture to identify and control hazards, reduce risk, and prevent harmful incidents.